How to Jump Start Your Aerobic Fitness to Rock Your 2016!
What do you do when the holidays are suddenly over and all you see ahead of you is a long, cold, gray winter? Get out and jump start your aerobic fitness, that’s what. Here are 5 ways to get motivated, stay interested, and feel the burn.
- Keep an exercise journal. Studies show that tracking your food, exercise, mood, water intake and more can keep you on track for your aerobics goals. Customize your own, or try a ready-made fitness diary, such as the BODYMINDER Workout and Exercise Journal.
- Pick up a fancy schmancy digital tracker, such as the Fitbit, Jawbone UP™ or Apple watch. Now that the holidays are over, you might even get a deal that keeps you honest about your aerobics schedule. Well, maybe not with Apple, but then, it’s an Apple.
Power up your aerobics routine with online personal coaching
- Try online personal coaching. There are a surprising number of options out there now, including Daily Burn Fitness and the online personal trainer from Women’s Health that offers a fully customized, online diet and fitness plan (including aerobics!) designed just for you.
- Find a free online aerobic workout video series. Huffpost Living offers up a nice listing of 20 different options to let you skip the cost of the gym, workout when your schedule permits, and still rip your aerobics routine.
- Jam the tunes with an aerobics mix. Customize your own through iTunes, create a Spotify channel, or go to ClickMix for the ultimate DJ experience – variables include music style, activity and even BPMs (beats per minute).
Go, go, go!
What are you waiting for? Get out there and go! (And when you get back, share your aerobic mojo secrets with the rest of us, OK?:-)